As an IT professional, I am always looking for opportunities to expand my knowledge, meet industry experts, and explore the latest advancements in technology. Visiting the VeeamON conference venue in Miami proved to be a game-changing experience that definitely surpassed my expectations. In this blog post, I am sharing some announcements and pictures showing some of my experience in this unbelievable event.
Some key points that got my attention:
- Backup and Recovery is still super necessary (in Miami terms) to fight against ransomware
- Kubernetes protection is continuing to grow and Kasten is already offering version 6 of their product
- Cloud migrations are common and Veeam can certainly help with some of the hypervisor conversions
- Simplicity is always on top of mind. The solution remains easy to deploy, manage, upgrade unlike others
- Backup your object storage to Veeam repositories (still in Technical preview)
- Ransomware detection now includes inline detection during backup (coming soon)
- Luckily deep offline scans of existing backups are readily available in the meantime
- Cyber insurance cost is increasing faster than ever…if you thought car/home insurance was pricey, wait till you quote that
- Question is no longer if your organization will be breached, but instead when…and how often?
- Security hardening of your Veeam environment should be your number one priority if you have not done so yet
- Paying the ransom does not guarantee recoverability. Remember, these are not the most trust-worthy people
- Ratmir and Andrei (Veeam’s founders) are now leading an object storage company called Object First
- Artificial Intelligence will be integrated on the next product release (just kidding! I completely made that up)