VMware has come a long way with these single click upgrades and that is exactly what was experienced in this one. Yes, I had to go download the offline bundle file from the VMware website, and yes, I decided to take some snapshots of the VMs that were being upgraded just in case, but other than those two tasks, the process was exactly as advertised.
- Login to the appliance with the admin@local credentials
- Go to Settings > Infrastructure and Support > Overview and Updates
- Proceed to “Click Here” next to the Offline Update details
- Optional: Please make sure to take a backup or snapshot of your vRNI VMs (will save a lot of hassle if there is any issues during the one click upgrade)
- Go to the VMware site and search/download the vRNI Offline Upgrade Bundle
- Select the file that was just downloaded and upload it to the appliance.
- Sit back and check periodically for the upgrade status
- Once the upgrade is successfully completed, do not forget to remove the snapshots taken
- First time you login to vRealize Network Insight 6.0, you will get a prompt with the latest features added to the platform
Try it for yourself when you have a chance and feel free to share the results!
Disclaimer: thumbnail image belongs to VMware